Male Breast Reduction
Gynecomastia is one of the most common reasons that men seek aesthetic surgery. It most commonly affects young men but can occur in older men as well. Gynecomastia can be disturbing when men take their shirts off or when they are large enough to be seen in clothes. Patients are most commonly treated with liposuction as this can typically give patients a smooth contour with minimal scarring.
Good Candidates For Male Breast Reduction
- You have had a thorough workup to rule out any medical condition as the cause of your Gynecomastia
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You wish to improve the appearance of your chest.
- Patients will present for their evaluation where they will meet Dr. Franco and the staff
- A medical history and physical exam will be done by Dr. Franco and his staff to determine the best treatment.
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve you aesthetic goals
- The risks and benefits of the surgery will also be discussed during your consultation.
- Then you will have an opportunity to talk about scheduling and fees with the patient care coordinator that will assist you throughout the process.
Treatment of Gynecomastia
- The most common treatment for gynecomastia is ultrasonic liposuction. The ultra-sonic liposuction allows the surgeon to break up the fibrous breast tissue. Then the excess tissue can be removed with traditional liposuction.
- Liposuction causes minimal scarring with only one small incision on each side of the chest.
- The chest typically will have a smooth contour after the treatment
- Patient will have to wear a compression garment for several weeks after the surgery to give them the best result possible.