What is the Cellfina System?
Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least three years. This is currently the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology to produce precise, long-lasting results.
How does the Cellfina System work?
The Cellfina System treats the primary structural cause of cellulite – the connective bands woven throughout fat in the thighs and buttocks. These tight bands pull down the skin, creating the puckering you see on the surface of the skin. Similar to a rubber band under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out.
How soon will I see improvements?
Results can be seen in as little as three days. In the pivotal study, patient satisfaction was 85 percent at three months, 94 percent at one year, 96 percent at two years and 93 percent at three years, surpassing the patient satisfaction rates of other leading cellulite treatments.
How long do results last?
Patients in the pivotal study showed significant improvement shortly after the treatment, with results lasting at least three years – the longest FDA clearance for a cellulite treatment.
Does Cellfina involve cutting?
Cellfina does not involve an operating room or general anesthesia (though it can be combined with your Brazilian Butt Lift). It relies on a minimally invasive, small-needle-sized device to treat the cellulite-causing bands just beneath the surface of the skin.
Are there any side effects?
No serious adverse events were associated with Cellfina in the pivotal study. The most common side effects reported by patients in the FDA-cleared pivotal study were soreness, tenderness and bruising. Just three days after treatment, patients rated their pain as minimal (2.7 on a scale of 0 to 10; 0=no pain, 10=extreme pain) and most (82 percent) felt pain only with touch or pressure to the area treated. This minimal pain improved quickly with time. More than 90 percent of patients had no bruising at four weeks.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure last about an hour. The amount of time varies slightly depending on the number of dimples that are being treated.
Will I need to take time off work?
There is limited downtime associated with Cellfina. Some patients experience initial soreness, bruising and tenderness, but these side effects resolve quickly with time. Patients typically can return to work the following day after their procedure.
How much does the Cellfina Treatment cost?
Since the treatment is so personalized, the best way to secure an accurate quote is to consult with a physician. The treatments also vary depending on if it is a stand-alone procedure done in the office or done in combination with your Brazilian Butt Lift.
What is the cost of Cellfina?
The Cellfina treatment ranges from practice to practice. Some offices charge a set rate for the procedure while other charge by the number of dimples treated.
In-general the price can range from $2,500 to $4,500 depending on the office and areas being treated. Our office typically does a set price for the butt and thighs. The price can also be less if you do the cellulite treatment in combination with a Brazilian Butt Lift.
However, price should not be the only determining factor in deciding where to have your Cellfina treatment done. The consultation is important as not every dimple or dent is cellulite. You Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon can help guide you if Cellfina is the correct treatment for you.
- Cellfina is an FDA-cleared procedure to treat cellulite of the butt and thighs. The treatment works by releasing the internal bands that cause cellulite.
What is Cellfina?
- Cellfina is a procedure that helps treat the cause of cellulite to reduce the appearance of dimpling in the butt and thighs. The process releases the fibrous bands that pulls the skin down and cause dimpling.
What areas can be treated with Cellfina?
- Cellfina is typically used to treat cellulite of the butt and thighs.
How long does Cellfina treatment take?
- The treatment typically takes about an hour. The time can vary depending on the specific number of dimples that are being treated.
How does Cellfina Work?
- Cellfina releases the bands that cause dimpling. The releasing of the bands allows the skin come up and smooth out. Cellfina is different than other treatments as it is directed at the cause of cellulite.
What kind of Patients would Benefit from Cellfina?
- Anyone that has good skin tone and cellulite of their butt and thighs can benefit from Cellfina.
Can Cellfina be Done if I have had a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)?
- Cellfina can be done prior to a Brazilian But Lift
- The procedure can be done during the time of your Brazilian Butt Lift surgery
- It can also be done after your Brazilian Butt Lift.
Who is a Good Candidates for Cellfina Treatment
- You want to enhance the appearance of your butt or thighs.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations of the result possible with Cellfina
- If you want to decrease the visual cellulite in your butt and thighs
- If you want to enhance the appearance of your buttock.
- If you want to enhance the appearance of your thighs.
Your Cellfina Consultation
- Patients will present for their evaluation where they will meet Dr. Franco and his staff
- A medical history and physical exam will be done by Dr. Franco and his staff to determine the best treatment for you.
- Dr. Franco will discuss the difference Cellfina treatment and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Dr. Franco will also discuss which areas and dimples can be treated with cellfina.
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve your aesthetic goals
- The risks and benefits of the procedure will also be discussed during your consultation.
- The filler injections can often be done at the same time as the consultation.
About Your Cellfina Procedure
- Cellfina treatments are typically done in the office, however they can also be done in conjunction with other surgical procedures.
- The procedure typically is done in 45 to 60 minutes.
- Patients can return to work or their daily the following day.
- After the treatment patients can have some bruising and swelling.
Cellfina Treatment Areas