Mommy Makeover Austin
The mommy makeover is an incredible procedure that can restore a woman’s body to its previous form. The mommy makeover can include various procedures to improve the breast and the abdominal area. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Johnny Franco performs mommy makeovers at More Beautiful You Plastic Surgery in Austin.
Common Options for a Mommy Makeover
Breast lift with augmentation is commonly needed to shape and reposition the breasts that can fall after having children. The breasts can lose volume as well after pregnancy and with age. The combination of the lift and augmentation can create an aesthetically appealing breast.
Tummy Tuck is typically part of the mommy makeover as the abdominal muscles have usually been stretched with childbearing. Also the excess abdominal skin that has been stretched can benefit from being removed and having the area contoured. Changes in the tummy tuck procedures such as no drains and improved pain control methods have made the mommy makeover a much easier procedure for women.
- You are dissatisfied with the appearance of your breast and abdomen.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations
- You wish to restore your body to its previous shape
How Much Recovery Time do I Need After my Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are one of the most popular procedures in the U.S. because of the transformation that is possible from the surgery.
Mommy makeover is a broad term that describes a tummy tuck and breast surgery which could include breast augmentation, breast lift or a breast lift with augmentation. The broad definition of the procedure makes the recovery time variable for the surgery.
There are several new advancements in the procedure that has decreased the recovery time after the mommy makeover.
- The use of Exparel – a long-acting local anesthetic that is injected during the procedure to provide discomfort relief for three days.
- Drains are often rarely used as well. Special suturing techniques can prevent the need for these drains.
- These two advancements have allowed patients to have a more comfortable and swift recovery from their mommy makeover.
The recovery for the breast portion of the mommy makeover is variable depending on if a person has a breast augmentation alone, or a breast lift and augmentation.
In general, patients should give themselves at least two weeks to recover from the procedure so that they can maximize their results.
Please consult your Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your mommy makeover options!
How do I decide where I should have my Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeovers are extremely popular as it can restore a woman’s body to the shape she had before children.
Mommy makeover is a broad term that describes a tummy tuck and breast surgery which could include breast augmentation, breast lift, or a breast lift with augmentation. The broad definition of the procedure makes leads to a large price range depending on the specific procedures an individual is having done.
When deciding on where to have your mommy makeover consider a few things in addition to price.
- Is my surgeon a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon?
- Where will I have my surgery?
- What type of anesthesia will be used?
- Does my surgeon commonly perform this type of procedure?
- Does my surgeon use drains for my tummy tuck?
- Does my surgeon use Exparel for my abdominoplasty?
The mommy makeover has improved over the past several years for several reasons. The first is an improvement in the recovery after the tummy tuck portion of the mommy makeover.
- I typically do not use any drains in a tummy tuck which allows patients to recover faster after the surgery.
- I also a new medication called Exparel which is a long-acting local anesthetic that provides pain relief for three days.
The range of breast implants available for the breast augmentation or breast lift and augmentation portion of the mommy makeover has also improved.
- The gummy bear implants have become very popular as they give a very youthful and aesthetic appearance with the added benefit of the cohesive gel technology.
These advancements in the mommy makeover have increased its popularity as the recovery has become easier for patients and the aesthetic results have continued to improve.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your body following pregnancy, please contact More Beautiful You in Austin to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Franco to discuss your mommy makeover options!