Vaginal Rejuvenation Austin
Vaginal Rejuvenation is a broad term that references any of several procedures that are used to enhance the vaginal area. The most common of these procedures is the Labiaplasty, a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the skin that covers the female clitoris and vaginal opening (labia minora). In some instances, women with large labia can experience pain during intercourse, or feel discomfort during everyday activities or may simply wish to improve the overall appearance of their genital area. The other procedure commonly done is fat transfer to the area, specifically the labia majora. This can be done to enhance the labia majora when the area gets deflated with age or after pregnancy.
Good Candidates For Vaginal Rejuvenation/Labiaplasty
- You are dissatisfied with the appearance of your genital area.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations
Your Labiaplasty Consultation
- Patients will present for their evaluation where they will meet Dr. Franco and his staff
- A medical history and physical exam will be done by Dr. Franco and his staff to determine the best treatment for you.
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve you aesthetic goals
- The risks and benefits of the surgery will also be discussed during your consultation.
- Then you will have an opportunity to talk about scheduling and fees with the patient care coordinator that will assist you throughout the process.
About Labia Reduction Surgery
- Labiaplasty is an outpatient procedure usually performed under local anesthesia.
- After surgery, women may experience some mild discomfort and swelling, which usually disappears completely after 1-2 weeks.
- Scarring is rarely noticeable.
- Fat transfer may also be done to enhance the labia majora.
- The fat can be removed from unwanted areas, processed and then used to enhance and sculpt the labia majora.