Breast Lift Austin
Breast Lift, also known as a mastopexy, is an aesthetic breast augmentation procedure that is used to enhance the shape of a breast that has fallen secondary to age, weight loss or children. This surgical procedure lifts the breasts and repositions the nipple appropriately.
There are three different types of lifts that can be done depending on a patient’s individual needs and goals. The first type is a peri-areolar lift, which limits the incisions to around the areola only. The second lift is a vertical lift, which is used in someone who needs more of a lift. This lift has incisions around the areola and down the front, but avoids and incisions along the bottom of the breast. The third type of lift is a full mastopexy (which is often referred to and an anchor or inverted T lift) as the incisions go around the areola, down the front and along the bottom of the breast. This lift is typically used for people that have very ptotic breasts.
The three different types of lifts can be done in combination with a saline or silicone breast implant. The combination of an implant and lift can be a very powerful surgery that will restore the youthful appealing appearance of the breast.
Good Candidates For Breast Lift Surgery
- Your breast have fallen
- Your nipples now point down toward the floor and not straight ahead.
- Your breasts have lost their volume due to pregnancy, weight loss or aging.
- You have large areolas with little fullness on the top of your breasts.
If you are considering breast lift surgery, you should understand that there is permanent scarring involved with any of the lift types. Results tend to last longer with smaller breasts. Breasts which are very large may sag over time due to their heaviness and laxity of the skin. Patients skin types also affect the duration of you results. Important considerations are whether or not you intend to have more children. Pregnancy and nursing after the procedure may reverse the results of the procedure.
Your Breast Lift Consultation
- Patient will present for their evaluation where they will meet Dr. Franco and his staff
- A medical history and physical exam will be done by Dr. Franco and his staff to determine the best treatment.
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve you aesthetic goals
- The risks and benefits of the surgery will also be discussed during your consultation.
- Then you will have an opportunity to talk about scheduling and fees with the patient care coordinator that will assist you throughout the process.
About Breast Lift Surgery
- You will require general anesthesia.
- The technique used for the lift will depend on the surgeon’s preference and the patient’s goals.
- The placement of your incisions will depend on the technique required for you. The doctor will usually suggest a procedure that will leave you with the least amount of scarring possible, but still help you reach your goals if possible.
- Breast implants may be placed at the same time as the lift in the majority of patients.
- Your stitches will be placed inside and are dissolvable.
- You will be required to wear a surgical bra until your surgeon advises.
Dr. Franco can evaluate you and recommend which breast lift option is best for you. In some cases and whether or not you will need an implant to reach your aesthetic goals.