Buccal Fat Pad Removal
Buccal fat pad removal has become an increasingly popular procedure that enhances your overall appearance. Buccal fat pad removal will give the face a slimmer appearance as it is a discrete fat pad found in the lower third of the face. The buccal fat removal allows patients to enhance their facial features in a subtle but seductive manner. This procedure contributes to an overall aesthetic and enhancement of your facial features.
What is Buccal Fat Pad Removal?
Buccal fat pad removal is a procedure that slims the face. An incision is made intra-orally to remove the fat from each cheek. There are no scars or incision on the face as all of the incisions are made inside the mouth. The buccal fat pad is a solid fat pad that makes the cheeks rounder and fuller in the lower part of the face. The removal gives the face a more contoured appearance.
What areas are treated with a Buccal Fat Pad Removal?
Buccal fat pads are discrete solid masses of fat that can contribute to a full appearance to the cheeks. The removal of the buccal fat pad will give the face and jawline a more contoured appearance. The fat pad is removed from both cheeks from an incision inside the mouth.
How long does the Buccal Fat Pad Removal take?
The treatment typically takes about 45min to an hour. The procedure can be done as a stand-alone procedure or in combination with another surgery. Patients can return to work the day after the procedure. Though the cheeks will be swollen for a couple days. The swelling will slowly subside and patients will begin to see the improved contour.
How does Buccal Fat Pad Removal Work?
The buccal fat pad is a specific collection of fat in the lower third of the face. The fat pad can be removed from an intra-oral incision.
What kind of Patients Would Benefit from Buccal Fat Pad Removal?
Anyone that wishes to enhance the contour of the lower third of the face. The buccal fat pad can sometimes give patients a round appearance to their face. The removal of the fat leads to a more contoured jaw line and sleeker face.
Can Buccal Fat Pad Removal be Done in Combination with other Procedures?
Buccal Fat Pad Removal can be done as an isolated procedure or in combination with surgeries. The buccal fat pad removal is most commonly done in combination with submental liposuction and jaw line augmentation. This combination helps patients achieve the contoured sleek appearance to the lower third of their face, jawline and neck. It is important to understand how facial contouring all works in concert to give patients the best result possible.
Who is a Good Candidates for Buccal Fat Pad Removal?
- You want to enhance the appearance of cheeks, jawline or neck area.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations of the result possible with buccal fat pad removal.
- If you want to decrease the roundness of your cheeks and achieve a slender. sleek appearance to the lower portion of your face.
- If you want to enhance the appearance of your jawline.
Your Buccal Fat Pad Removal Consultation
- Patients will present for their evaluation where they will meet Dr. Franco and his staff.
- A medical history and physical exam will be done by Dr. Franco and his staff to determine the best treatment for you.
- Dr. Franco will discuss the benefits of buccal fat pad removal treatment and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Dr. Franco will also discuss if other treatments in combination of the buccal fat pad removal will be a benefit for you.
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve your personal aesthetic goals.
- The risks and benefits of the procedure will also be discussed during your consultation.
About Your Buccal Fat Pad Removal Procedure
- The procedure can be done in the office or at the surgery center depending on specific situation and if you are doing the procedure in combination with another procedure.
- The procedure typically takes about 45 minutes to perform.
- Patients can return to the next day or two days later.
- After the treatment patients, can have some bruising and swelling.