Nose (Rhinoplasty) Austin
Nose Surgery (rhinoplasty) is a surgery commonly performed to refine nasal shape. The idea of the surgery in the vast majority of patients is to make the nose proportional to the rest of the face. The nose should enhance the beauty of the face not be the focus of the face. There are several was to perform nose surgery depending on the individual needs of the patient.
Closed Rhinoplasty is a term in reference to a nose surgery that avoids any external incisions on the nose. This is commonly performed when minimal nasal tip work needs to be done and the primary concern is the dorsal hump of the nose.
Open Rhinoplasty is a surgery that is commonly performed when more work needs to be done in shaping the nose. An open rhinoplasty involves a small transverse incision on the collumella of the nose. However this allows the surgeon to have direct visualization of he underlying structures of the nose.
- You are unhappy with the size and/or shape of your nose.
- You suffered an injury that has altered the appearance of your nose.
- You have breathing problems limited to your nose.
- You have reached mature facial growth. (About age fifteen or sixteen)
- You have good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations.