Renuvion (J-Plasma) Austin
Renuvion (J-Plasma) is a new technology that is designed to treat skin laxity. It combines radio frequency and helium to create skin contracture. This device helps us treat a new paradigm in plastic surgery in a way that we have never been able to treat skin laxity previously. In the past we could remove skin and fat but could not tighten the remaining skin in an efficient fashion. The addition of the helium allows the radio frequency to be cooled almost instantaneously creating plasma. This unique combination allows for large areas to be treated efficiently and safely. The treatment can be used to treat a wide variety for areas from the neck, arms and butt to total body skin tightening. The Renuvion (J-Plasma) can be done in isolation or in combination with liposculpting. The unique properties of the J-Plasma allow the procedure to be done with larger body contouring procedures such as a Brazilian Butt Lift.
What is Renuvion (J-Plasma)?
J-Plasma (Renuvion) is a new device that treats skin laxity. It can be used to treat a variety of areas to provide skin tightening by causing skin contracture. The skin contracture is cause the by radio frequency energy. J-Plasma is unique in that it combines radio frequency energy with helium to create instantaneous tissue cooling and leading to plasma creation. This treatment allows the skin tightening to be done as an isolated treatment or in combination with other body shaping procedures such as the Brazilian Butt Lift.
Prior to Renuvion (J-Plasma) it was difficult to treat skin laxity. We could remove excess skin and fat, but had limited ability to truly tighten skin.
J-Plasma involves a thin cannula that is placed under the skin so that a higher level of energy can be used directly on the tissue while avoiding an trauma to the superficial skin. The ability to treat skin laxity creates an entirely new frontier in plastic surgery. The procedure is performed in a similar fashion to liposuction.
What areas are treated with Renuvion (J-Plasma)?
J-Plasma treats a variety of areas where we have skin laxity. It is most commonly used to treat:
- Inner Thighs
The treatment can be used in isolation to tighten the skin or more commonly in conjunction with other body tightening procedures such as liposculpting or Brazilian Butt Lift.
It can also be used to treat skin laxity in patients that have had massive weight loss and body contouring procedures. They often have large amounts of skin removed, but prior to Renuvion we were unable to change the laxity of the skin.
Renuvion (J-Plasma) can also be used for butt lifts. It is an option for patients that want to treat skin laxity of their butt. It will help treat loose skin around the buttock to enhance their overall appearance. This a great option for patients looking to lift their butt, but don’t want to do a fat transfer or butt implants.
How Long Does a Renuvion (J-Plasma) Treatment Take to Perform?
The treatment can vary depending on the number of areas that are going to be treated. It also varies depending if the treatment is going to be done in conjunction with other body contouring procedures.
The treatment typically adds about 15 – 30 minutes to each area that is being treated during the surgery.
How does Renuvion (J-Plasma) Work?
J-Plasma uses radio frequency energy in combination with helium to treat skin laxity. The unique properties of helium lead to almost instantateous tissue cooling and the creation of plasma. This allows larger surface areas to be treated in an efficient fashion.
A cannula is placed under the skin to allow treatment directly to the tissues while avoiding any superficial skin injury. The mechanism allows the procedure to be combined effectively with liposuction.
The use of the helium and the rapid cooling allow larger surface areas such as the abdomen to be treated in a timely fashion. This lets us treat various areas during body contouring procedures such as the Brazilian Butt Lift without overly extending the length of the surgery.
What kind of Patients Would Benefit from Renuvion (J-Plasma)?
Anyone that wishes to enhance their overall appearance. It is designed to treat skin laxity. Patients that have loose skin in their neck, arms, abdomen or buttock are great candidates for J-Plasma (Renuvion).
The treatment can be used for patient that have some mild loose skin during liposuction. It can also be used to treat patients that have had a tummy tuck or liposuction and still have some remaining loose skin.
Patients that wish to lift and tighten their butt are also great candidates for a J-plasma (Renuvion) treatment. This allows patients to improve the overall appearance of their butt without adding fat or implants.
Can Renuvion (J-Plasma) be Done in Combination with other Procedures?
J-Plasma (Renuvion) can be done as an isolated procedure or in combination with surgeries such as liposuction or a Brazilian Butt Lift.
Renuvion is most commonly done in combination with liposuction and other body contouring procedures. This combination helps patients achieve the contoured appearance to their neck or body.
It is important to understand the role of skin laxity in body contouring procedures. The Renuvion allows us to treat the skin laxity that can limit the results of liposuction and other body contouring procedures.
Who is a Good Candidates for Renuvion (J-Plasma)?
- You want to enhance the appearance of body, buttock and neck.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations of the results possible with J-plasma in terms of skin tightening.
- If you want to decrease the roundness of your cheeks and achieve a slender. sleek appearance to the lower portion of your face.
- If you want to enhance your overall appearance.
Your J-Plasma (Renuvion) Consultation
- Patients will present for their evaluation where they will meet Dr. Franco and his staff
- A medical history and physical exam will be done by Dr. Franco and his staff to determine the best treatment for you.
- Dr. Franco will discuss the benefits of J-Plasma (Renuvion) treatment and determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Dr. Franco will also discuss if other treatments in combination with the skin tightening J-Plasma will be a benefit for you.
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve your personal aesthetic goals
- The risks and benefits of the procedure will also be discussed during your consultation.
About Your J-Plasma (Renuvion) Procedure
- The procedure can be done in the office or at the surgery center depending on specific situation and if you are doing the procedure in combination with another procedure.
- The procedure typically takes about 15 – 30 minutes per area to perform.
- Patients can return to work and physical activity within several days, depending on if they have the Renuvion procedure done in combination with other procedures.
- After the treatment patients, can have some bruising and swelling.
If you’re interested in Renuvion, call (512) 827-0638 to schedule a consultation with Board-Certified plastic surgeon Johnny Franco M.D. or simply fill out our online contact form.
We look forward to hearing from you!